cases where Hankavirus in the neighboring city of Epuyén interfered with residents of the area and health agencies that were asked to take the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of the virus.
The cases of detected Hantavirus are described as "outbreaks" because "they appear in the same context at the same time in the same place in the Epuyen town," medical doctor Jorge Elias told Telam. Likewise, due to the configuration of the cases, it was recognized that the possibility of being transmitted through intercourse came into effect last hours.
The most commonly known form of epidemic spreading is through a virus that mediates a small rodent "Oligoryzomys longicaudatus", known as "colilargo mouse".
So far, there are six positive cases of hantavirus, two of which died of the virus. In addition two patients were discharged, one was taken to the Esquel Regional Hospital's intensive care unit in the respiratory weaning process, and the rest was an ambulatory patient with good clinical status.
Over the last few hours, information was spread on social networks, telling the "chaotic" state of the Esquel hospital. The hospital director himself denied this. "It's a lie that treatment has collapsed, it's crazy to say they do not go to Epuyén," Pablo Nouveau said in a conversation with Noticiad del Bolsón.
Symptoms and recommendations
Symptoms resemble a flu-like condition: fever, muscle pain, chills, headaches, nausea, vomiting and sometimes abdominal pain and diarrhea. After a few days there may be difficulty in breathing, which can be aggravated by the production of a "cardiac pulmonary syndrome of hantavirus", which may be fatal if not treated in time.
When you come to a closed place for a long time:
- Open the windows and the door (from the outside) and ventilate for one hour
- Put the mask N95 N99 or N100 in addition to the appropriate clothing.
- Spray the floor with a bleach diluted 10% in water
- Perform the cleaning work that the place needs.
- Wash your hands at the end of the tasks. Clothes should be used exclusively for this activity.
Prior to the destruction, dismantling or commissioning of materials:
- Suitable work clothes, closed shoes, mask N 95/99/100, goggles and thick gloves.
- Camping only at authorized locations. Place the camp in places that are far from the firewood and the plant of closed vegetation.
- Keep food in sealed containers so that rodents can not be attracted to the night Do not leave food or water in food or in open containers.
- Avoid passing dense mites in areas where firewood is collected, do it only in open spaces and as much as possible during the day.
- Only run on tracks and closed shoes.
- Avoid using a building that is not in use (stack, storage or firewood).
- Before taking water from natural sources, add a whitening amount of drops per liter of water.
If dead rodents are found:
- Shower with a bleach diluted 10% in water (9 parts water and 1 part bleach)
- Place a glove in the double bag or the same bags to collect it.
- Burial deep or burning. If burned, do so in a controlled place (eg in the tank), avoiding fire hazard.
- Wash your hands with soap and water at the end of the task.