Martín Moreaux takes things with passion. It is difficult to move it from adrenaline that passes through the bones. Every subject you have to deal with is a belief that goes there.
He did so in 2006 he bought Optica Soler and started expanding the Cordoban brand. Now he goes to the e-commerce store. It could be downloaded to the marketplace, it is simpler and cheaper, but it hates it without a round. He wants his place under two conditions: to provide services and to guarantee accessibility.
"Osptica Soler was born in 1967, its founder was a forerunner in medicine, and in co-operation with Voss, he created a brand that people over 60 are still remembering: Pupilent Soler."
– I remember it perfectly.
– Then Julio Soler, son of the creator, continued optics and continued his activities for many years in the upper and lower parts of this country. He decided to sell, we knew each other because I already had another type of company, so we got an agreement, got the brand and the structure. Today is the grandson of the founder, Julito Soler, who is honored to me.
– Question Zonza: What is the sale of glasses? Is it the same thing as any other company?
– From a commercial point of view, yes, it is similar to any other activity. But that is the class where health is and what makes it different. Social responsibility is not transferable. Opticians require studying, training and professionalism, but the commercial process is similar to any other one.
– The lens is a kind of "commodity" and the frame is where the difference is made?
-No, the ophthalmic lenses are divided into monofocal, bifocal and progressive. The first, telescope that is visible near or far, is a commodity. There are also frames in that class. That stuff is the one who fights for a cheap telescope on the street. But the industry has made a lot of progress in the manufacture of lenses, especially in progressive and multifunctional applications. There are laboratories that have invested heavily in Argentina in making astonishing products.
– Where does business, quantity, or complexity mean?
– The optical product itself is a significant profitability. From lens to frame. Each optic applies this own pricing policy. Our criterion is to develop a business vision whose volume is marked, paying attention to the need for the telescope to reach those who need it for their health and for social work to be carried out free of charge.
– I was hooked on a question of profitability …
– The profitability I have spoken has made Córdoba a place with a lot of optical competition, but limited individual growth. It happened to Soler. When I took it I set a radical change from commercial policy to image; all. We have managed to develop from one mouth to four places. From two employees to 25, opticians' network indoors through special agreements.
– Is that a young and troubled businessman in your hand?
– And now the new mouth, which is a digital channel: tiendasoler.com. First we sold our sunglasses and frames. Two months ago, the sale of prescription glasses was included, which meant that we had to apply a number of special tools. It was a huge challenge.
I imagine we are talking about prescribing. How are they doing so he will not be left to him?
– Certainly. Ask the eyeglasses to take an eye-catching distance to concentrate the lenses and it was the subject. With the two programmers and engineers we developed the system. The person comes first, first chooses the frame, we bind to the ophthalmologist's prescription and we attach ourselves to the card, credit card size or the forehead of the shipment. The fact that we have special software to help us get the distance from the incident. It's a wonderful process.
– Do you know anyone else who applies it?
– In Argentina, no. But in Europe and the United States it exists. Then we will do the telescope and send it to you as a package solution. I bottle service. All orders arriving before 14 days are left to your destination on the same day. The audience loves it. We have, for example, land areas, such as Patagonia, where they often ask us because they are areas with few optics or distances for some time.
– How much sales are online?
– 50 percent of one of our merchandise billing. For us it is very good. In particular, given that the Soler brand in Córdoba is well known, but in San Juan. We make an important brand work. What we are doing is disturbing. People are not used to buying glasses online, so we have to give service.
– myths and truths from the online store: it's easy and cheap.
– Nothing. It's not easy or cheap. The easy and inexpensive thing is to take a picture on a mobile telescope and download it to the market. But when you build a zero platform, like us, it is expensive, it takes time, it requires many processes and people. Programmers, designers, photographer. All of this causes costs, time and delays. It is the same as setting up a physical business, hard work.
– There are large wholesalers in the eyewear business, where everything is happening?
– I can tell you there is no monopoly on the field. There are many operators available and national and international laboratories are available. with journalists I always agree that we need to go hand in hand to expand the market.
– Are the sunglasses pure fashion?
– Thanks to God, it's a fashion. The telescope changed its presence in society. Before those who needed them, they even got bullied.
– "Annihilate, four eyes …"
– Today, celebrities look to their glasses and change their social criteria. We are not even close to events in the European market where the telescope is part of the world of fashion. They change glasses every season. I have a brother in Sweden, easy to use seven pairs a year. But that is part of the eye care criteria.
– Sorry the question: are the glasses they sell on the street so badly?
– I should say yes, but there is everything. The problem is that people find the problem solving. Some even have a UV filter. We would be stupid if we did not see that we should add them to the supply of goods. We would not be aware of the reality of people. I will return to the same thing: therefore, the telescope must be available.
– Has sales fall due to the crisis?
– Yes, against the decline in inflation. We left. The rise in the dollar hit the prices because the stakes are imported in addition to finished products from outside.
– Think about franchises?
– I was thinking, but I'm not going to do it. Today, all the guns are in digital terrain, the world is going to it.
– There are very different differences between social works and advances?
– Yes, everyone applies its policy. For me the coverage is still very low and limited. They have a good basis for doing so. Some do not even cover anything. For example, Daspu has enormous coverage. In Pam we present the current project of a pensioner, not 50 years ago.
– How would that be?
– That's the image of a retired couple knitting with a woman and a rescue man is no longer there. Current responsibility is very active. He will continue working. They need a different coverage area on their glasses. One hundred percent multifocal coverage is covered here. They can not believe it.
name. Martin Moreaux.
offspring. Tomás and Matías.
Physical sales of the mouth. Four.
Digital sales. tiendasoler.com
market. About 2700 glasses per month.
information. Anabella Ronzoni is the key person in the company.
phone. (0351) 425-6021.
E-mail. [email protected]
The original text of this article was published in the printed version 11/25/2018.