One of the two survivors of the Bourke St attack has been talking about the moment the terrorist crashed into the knife's neck, moments after the car crash and burning had taken place.
Shadi had worked at the guard at Melbourne CBD a month before last Friday's shocking event that led to the death of the beloved local restaurateur Sisto Malaspina.
Shadi, who asked for the release of his last name, initially said he liked a traffic accident when he saw Hassan Khalif Shire Ali's vehicle in flames.
"I thought cars were innocent people," the 26-year-old said. "I tried to help, I did not know what happened, a powerful blast."
The bays began to scream and run from the scene when the scene took out a knife. The next few moments happened quickly and waved until Shadi looked back at himself.
"I was attacked by a guy who ran around with a knife that pushed people," Shadi said. "Well, I did not even have time to react, he just pinched me, he tried to kill me, he hit me in the neck."
He described the feeling "as I pierced in my body" and declined to be fortunate that he was alive believing that Ali had decided to kill him.
In spite of his serious injury, which drowned in blood, Shadi said he was determined to prevent anyone else from missing.
"The attacker was loose, he put people without any reason, no reason, he did not know what was wrong with him.
"My main concern was to make sure that he no longer attacked civilians, innocent people, to save their lives quite a lot."
But Ali turned her back with a knife. Shadi said he managed to fight a single stroke but hit the knife and shoulder as he turned to flee.
"I could not defend myself – too much blood was. I could not physically see my eyes on the left side.
"I knew I had to leave. If I was there … a different story."
Shadi used his coat trying to slow down the flow of blood from his deep nose and then helped the police.
"Police, I do not know his name, but he was there with me holding my neck until we got Royal Melbourne," he said.
"I want to thank him for helping me out, he always keeps me from Bourke St, thank you for the bottom of my heart, thank you so much."
RELATED: "Trolley hero" was praised for running with a knife for striker Bourke St, Melbourne
Shadi said he had tried to achieve his dream of getting him some time when he admired officers because he was a child.
"What happened on Friday, wants more to protect and serve the public."
The man in Hampton Park has been recovering for several days recovering to a hospital surrounded by his family and girlfriend.
Shad's friends were shocked to receive a call on late Friday afternoon to say he had been attacked, he said.
"I am happy to even tell them.
"Mom went crazy in the phone, started crying – as a typical mother would do when her son got caught."
He thanked the crowd for his overwhelming support and police rapid thinking in response to the attack.
"No one deserves to be injured in the city."