Risk cardiovascular disease for former smokers it takes more than 15 years to return to the level of people who have never had a cigar. American Heart Association, held in Chicago, United States.
studies, that the risk of cardiovascular disease increased in smokers, it will be reduced after a few years of cessation even though they have not been able to analyze the history of smoking, such as changes in smoking habits, the number of cigarettes consumed per day or whether they have been renewed.
In this scenario experts analyzed the route for 27 years 8,700 people without cardiovascular disease, smokers, former smokers and others who had never been smoked. Thus, they found that more than 70% of current or former smokers had cardiovascular events among those who burned at least one packet per day for 20 years.
In addition, scientists found that smoking smokers in the last five years reduced the risk of cardiovascular disease by 38% compared with smoking smokers.
"These findings highlight the benefits of cessation of smoking over five years as it reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke or other form by 38%. cardiovascular disease, compared to people who continue to smoke. However, we have found that the risk of cardiovascular disease remains high for up to 16 years for former smokers compared to people who have never smoked, "said researchers at the association.
STAYING STAY Smoking: MINUTES MINUTES
1.- 20 minutes smoking:
* Blood pressure normalizes.
* Restore heat in hands and feet.
2-8 hours smoking:
* The oxygen levels are normal.
* You have more vitality.
3.- 48 hours smoking:
* You have removed nicotine from your body.
* Restore taste and smell.
4.- 72 hours smoking:
* You have even more energy.
* You breathe better.
* Cancellation syndrome disappears.
5-3 weeks smoking:
* Cough decreases or disappears.
* Lungs work better.
* Improves blood circulation.
6 to 2 months without smoking:
* You are tired much less.
* You can experience the smoker's satisfaction.
7. – 3 months without smoking:
* You have 30% more lung capacity.
8.- 1 year smoking:
* Reduces the risk of heart attack by 50%.
9. – 5 years smoking:
* Your risk of heart attack is the same as if you were not smoked