Rabat – Moroccan news agency chief Taoufik Bouachrine has been sentenced to 12 years in jail on Friday night against sexual violence he has always refused after a heated trial that shares his opinion.
"Political process"Some"business morale"to others: the case that took place in Casablanca on 8 March fascinated the local press because of the personality of the accused and the seriousness of the charges"trafficking in human beings' "misuse of power for sexual purposes' "rape and tried rape".
An independent police operation was arrested in February at its newspaper offices and was arrested, an independent daily newspaper Akhbar al-Yaoum was convicted of the Casablanca Criminal Division's Criminal Department, which confessed him guilty to all calculations.
An impressive reporter was at risk of 20 years in jail. His lawyers had pleaded for his exemption.
– "Political process"-
When asked to speak last Friday, the defendant announced that he was "the victim of political trial because of his pen"told AFP one of his lawyers, Mohamed Ziane.
"Quiet and confident"he complained that"In the Arab world we still do not understand what is press freedom", according to his lawyer.
He claimed that he paid for his writings against Moroccan politicians, such as the Aziz Akhannouki Agricultural Ministry and the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
She assured her that she was "the government sources learned that the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Rabat complained of two critical deliveries to the ruler", according to his lawyer Abdelmoula El Marour.
"It is a criminal case with facts and casualties. There is no relationship between expressing political attitudes and making sexual violence", challenged one of the civilian lawyers, Me Mohammed Karout.
The court granted compensation for the victims from 100,000 to 500,000 dirhams (about 9,000 to 46,000 euros).
The civilian party considers that "the compensation does not correspond to the damage"and intends to complain, said Karout.
The fee is based on appeals, evidence, and about fifty sex videos that were arrested in her office during a detention.
These very clear pictures, some of which are pressed in the press, show "misleading practices", according to the applicants' lawyers, while the defense argues that"stock".
The technical expertise carried out during the research confirmed the authenticity of the videos. According to the defense, Taoufik Bouachrine is not formally identified.
In his most recent statements, the press chief has again refused to be photographed in videos that appear to be "seizures of consensual relations", one of his lawyers.
The case has seen several rounds since the trial began: the four women mentioned in the "lossesThe prosecutor denied that he was worried and one of them was sentenced to six months in prison because he accused the police of being wrong about his statement. appear in court.
After all, 8 of the 15 public prosecutors appointed by the prosecution were recognized as victims and adapted to civilian lawyers.
Because of the closed session, the local press distributed conflicting reports during the trial with detailed evidence "perversions"accused, other protesters condemn"housing mounted from scratch".
Taoufik Bouachrine had already been accused: in 2009, a caricature that was considered a disadvantage for a royal family and a national flag in a 2015 vulnerable article "Morocco's reputation"in early 2018"defamation"against two ministers.