Wednesday , January 20 2021

He ate the bull in faith. Now he's dead.



By Lindsey Bever | Washington Post

Sam Ballard would swallow cheeky.

The young rugby player from Sydney was a "larchish" – "rough and blatant" free spirit, the mom said. So when an entity crawled over the table party in 2010 and his friends dared to eat it, his son accepted the challenge, he said.

"Twenty-year-old boys, red wine and alcohol are sitting somewhat on the table," says Katie Ballard, a 7-year-old interviewer at Sydney's New Year. "Boys are boys," she said.

Loyalty could have been innocent enough.

Following swallowing of Slang, Ballard rushed to the pleura of the rats – a brilliant worm (Angiostrongylus cantonensis) living in rodents, which can be moved to snails and breast trails according to disease control and prevention centers. These gastrointestinal tract can transmit the worm to humans.

In an unusual and tragic turn, the parasite grabbed Ballard's brain – putting him in a coma for more than a year and leaving him paralyzed by News.com.au. Eventually, she killed her.

Ballard, 29, died last week, according to the latest Sunday project. His last words to his mother were "I love you," according to Australian news.

Ballard began to experience strong pain in his feet a few days after eating according to a Sunday project.

She asked her mother if she could have been critical.

"No, no one is sick of it," her mother said she told her, reminding the case in an interview earlier this year.

But his doctors soon realized he had become sick.

"She was scared," she told a Sunday project. "So you know that as a mother, you just want to calm them, but he did not do anything wrong, that was just a stupid thing."

Ballard, whose mother once said to be "invincible", became fourfold. For years he was suffering from convulsions, had to eat and breathe through the tubes and needed continuous care that the family fought to pay according to the Daily Telegraph.

In 2011, Katie Ballard wrote on Facebook that her son was "still the same cheeeeeeeekkkyyy Samia" and that he believed that he would talk and go again.

Sunday's project, Lisa Wilkinson, wrote in her column on Monday that for nearly nine years, "Sam's beautiful mother, Katie, has been right on Sam's side because she is her guardian, never shunned in her love, feeding her, biking her, timely, bathing and toileting , arranging doctors and hospital visitors all the time trying to find lighter moments to see their son smile again by waking up every night at night, making sure Sam's friends felt happy in their new, limited world, and when they visited, as they often did, Sam's eyes would always light up.

"And Katie was always optimistic about what he was going to have in the future."

Ballard is dead.

The parasitic worm Angiostrongylus cantonensis resides in the rodent's lungs.

As the CDC explained in the video, a rodent – typically a rat – tried worms and swallowed them and forced them into the animal's stomach. Eventually the rat is excreted from the worms.

Hearts or parasites may stick without feeding the feces of the stomach according to the CDC and people may stick without eating snails or hogs.

According to the CDC:

People may get infected without eating crude or poorly cooked snails or spoons that have been infected with this parasite. In some cultures, snails generally eat. In particular, some children have been infected by swallowing snails / blades "boldly." People can also get an infection accidentally by eating crude products (such as lettuce) containing small snail or snail or one part.

Certain animals such as freshwater shrimp, crab or frog have been found to be parasites of larvae. It is possible that eating unclean or raw can lead to infected people, although the evidence is not as clear as the infected snails and snails eat. Note, fish do not spread this parasite.

Cases have been reported in Hawaii and in the US mainland according to CDC. The boy in New Orleans made parasite in 1993 by eating snail "dared", according to the agency, but did not need treatment.

Australian health authorities have called it "very rare infection".

The New South Wales Ministry of Health stated in the information form that most people who have contracted do not experience any symptoms; When they do, the symptoms are usually temporary and mild, the Health Agency said.

According to the Ministry:

Very rarely, the rat lung worm has caused brain infection (infection) called eosinophilic meningoencephalitis. People with this condition may have headaches, rigid neck, tingling or skin pain, fever, nausea and vomiting. The time between eating snail or snail and getting sick is usually 1-3 weeks.

Each of these symptoms should seek medical examination, although other infections (such as meningococcal disease or pneumococcal disease) are much more likely to cause meningitis for children.

Health authorities warn people not to eat raw snails or spoons and thoroughly wash fruit and vegetables and inspect them for slippery beings.


Source link